Below are the Real Estate Sign Rules:
1) No sign, poster, billboard, advertising device, or other display of any kind shall be displayed for public view except such signs as may be used by Declarant and Participating Builders, Apartment Project Owners, and their successors, in connection with the development of the Property and the sale or leasing of apartments or residences. All signs must conform to all applicable governmental ordinances.
2) The following criteria applies to “FOR SALE/LEASE” signs:
- All signs for the purpose of selling a Residence must be professionally prepared on weather-resistant material and shall not exceed 24” X 36″.
- The number of signs on any Lot shall not exceed one (1) sign.
- No signs shall be placed on TMC Property, which includes, and may not be limited to, landscaping, median islands, poles, and buildings.
- An Owner may display on his/her Lot or on real property owned by others with their consent, signs of reasonable dimensions and design, which are reasonably located, and which advertise the property for sale or lease.
- The top of the sign shall not exceed 3’-0” above ground level.
- No sign shall be attached to the ground by means other than a conventional single vertical stake which shall not exceed 4” X 4” in diameter.
Items #3 – 10 below apply specifically to Open House signage on TMC property:
3) Owners (or their agents) wishing to advertise an “OPEN HOUSE” for the purpose of directing traffic to their Residence for sale, must use the approved TALEGA OPEN HOUSE directional sign.
4) The TALEGA OPEN HOUSE directional sign may only be purchased through the approved vendor.
Real Estate Signs & Supplies (R.E.S.S)
23252 Del Lago
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
5) Owners (or their agents) wishing to purchase a TALEGA OPEN HOUSE directional sign may request a sign order form from R.E.S.S., from the Talega Swim & Athletic Club.
6) Only one Talega OPEN HOUSE directional sign, pointing in any one direction, per street corner will be allowed. (i.e. if there is more than one open house heading in the same direction, there will still be only one Talega OPEN HOUSE sign used as a directional to the Open Houses.)
7) Owners (or their agents) wishing to advertise “OPEN HOUSE” at the property address for the purpose of selling their Residences, must use a standard sign to conform as follows:
- No larger than 10″ x 30″,
- Professionally prepared and,
- The words “OPEN HOUSE.”
8) Signs may not remain on TMC Property overnight.
9) No riders or flags are permitted.
10) Signs not complying with the community Guidelines will be summarily removed by TMC.
11) Display of Signs, Posters, Flags and Banners (Civil Code 1353.6)
- Noncommercial signs, posters, flags, or banners may be posted or displayed on or in an owner’s separate interest, except as required for the protection of public health or safety or if the posting or display would violate a local, state, or federal law.
- Noncommercial sign, poster, flag, or banner may be made of paper, cardboard, cloth, plastic, or fabric, and may be posted or displayed from the yard, window, door, balcony, or outside wall of the separate interest. They may not be made of lights, roofing, siding, paving materials, flora, or balloons, or any other similar building, landscaping, or decorative component, or include the painting of architectural surfaces.
- The association prohibits non-commercial signs and posters that are more than nine (9) square feet in size and non-commercial flags or banners that are more than fifteen (15) square feet in size.
- Flags, signs and posters that fall into disrepair or become unsightly must be removed or replaced.
- Any signs, directional signs, or banners placed on the private streets or in the common area shall be subject to immediate removal.
12) Construction/landscape signs. No signs shall be displayed on any lot other than a sign advertising the property for sale permitted by the Declaration. This limitation applies to tradesmens’, contractors’ and installers’ signs of any type, including the signs identifying the Lot as the site of their activities or operations.