Click here for Architectural FAQs

Community FAQs


Q: How do I log in and use the Owner/ Resident Portal?

A: For information on what the Owner/ Resident Portal is and what it features, visit the Owner/ Resident Portal page.

For step-by-step instructions on how to sign up and create an account in the Owner/ Resident Portal, visit our Owner/ Resident Portal Registration help Blog

Click HERE to view the Owner/ Resident Portal User Guide.

For any technical issues, please call the Resident Services Center at (855) 947-2636

Q: What is an assessment?

A: The assessment is the monthly amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area and provide for reserve funds for the replacement of common facilities in future years. Your assessments are due on the first of the month. Statements will be sent for assessments as a reminder of the amount due.

Q: How is the amount of my assessment determined?

A: The budget is set upon specific guidelines for utilities, landscaping, administration, etc. Reserve funds are monies set aside for future expenses due to the life expectancy of certain items: lighting, street resurfacing, pool equipment, etc. California requires associations to perform a reserve study at least once every three years. The reserve study evaluates how much life expectancy items have left and how much they’re likely to cost when they wear out. From that, the Finance Committee recommends to the Board how much money the association has to set aside each year to have enough to replace those items when they do wear out. These amounts are then divided by the number of units built in a given phase of the development. Budgets are developed by the Board of Directors and adjusted annually to meet anticipated expenses.

The Association’s new fiscal year begins April 1 with the budget available 30 days prior to the fiscal year-end March 31.

Q: Will my assessment go up?

A: There is no concrete answer to this. Typically the Civil Code provides for annual increases, but not to exceed 20 percent per year without the vote of the membership. The Board of Directors may approve an increased budget, increasing your assessment up to this percentage in order to cover increased costs of operating and maintaining the common area and sufficient reserve funds.

Q: What happens if I don’t pay my assessment?

A: The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. Late payments will result in a late charge as assessments are due on the first of the month. In addition, the CC&Rs allows the Association to charge late charges and interest and proceed with a lien on your property, or foreclosure proceeding for nonpayment of assessments.

Assessments are due on the 1st and delinquent on the 15th.   Late fees are applied on the 15th of each month. 

Q: Are there Electronic Statements?

A: Talega’s Property Management Company, GrandManors, offers electronic statements for homeowner records.


Q: What is a homeowner’s association?

A: It is a non-profit corporation registered with the State and managed by a duly elected Board of Directors. Its purpose is to maintain all common areas and to govern the community in accordance with the provision of the legal documents: CC&Rs, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation. The governing legal documents for the association may be viewed online within the Owner/ Resident Portal. The corporation is financially supported by all members of the homeowners association. Membership is both automatic and mandatory. The legal documents for the association may be viewed online within the Owner/ Resident Portal under “Governing Documents”.

Q: What is the difference between TMC & TLC?


The Talega Lifestyle Corporation (TLC) is an organization that was established by the master developer in the early planning stages of the project to foster a sense of community within Talega. Its purpose is to promote the common good and general welfare of the people of Talega through civic betterments and social improvements. The TLC accomplishes this through the promotion and implementation of social opportunities, community programs, recreation and technology.

Structured as a community service organization, the Talega Lifestyle Corporation is governed by a Board of Directors. The board meets on a routine basis to make the business decisions of the TLC. One decision the board makes prior to each fiscal year is the adoption of a calendar of events. Typically, there are 18-22 events that take place each year. In addition, the TLC has established community programs and clubs based on resident interests.

The TLC is funded by “Lifestyle Fees” that are generated on all Home re-sales. The “Lifestyle Fee” for a re-sale is 1/4 of 1% of the sale price of the home. The “Lifestyle Fee” is paid at the close of escrow and is used solely to support and sponsor the Talega Lifestyle Corporation.

Talega Maintenance Corporation (TMC) is the master association. Dues are collected monthly from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area/facilities and provide reserve funds for the replacement of common facilities in future years. Assessments are due on the first of each month. As of April 1, 2023, the monthly HOA dues are $255. Additional fees apply if you live in a gated neighborhood or in a sub-association.

The first month of HOA dues is typically included in the close of escrow. Once the escrow company sends in the closing paperwork to GrandManors, your name will appear on your account and a statement will send to the billing address that they had on the paperwork. This could take up to four weeks.

Q: What is the Board of Directors?

A: The Homeowner’s Association again is a corporation and therefore a governing body that is required to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The limitations and restrictions of the powers of the TMC Board of Directors is outlined in the Association governing documents found within the Owner/ Resident portal under “Governing Documents”.

List of TMC Board of Directors

List of TLC Board of Directors

Q: Are Board Meetings open to all residents? If so, where and when are they held?

A: Yes, Open Session Board meetings are open for association members to attend. The TMC Board of Directors hosts a (virtual) meeting on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30 pm. These meetings are meant for Talega residents only. The Zoom link and Board Meeting Agenda will be posted on the Talega News, on the TSAC Bulletin Board, and within the Owner/ Resident Portal in the Community News section and Community Calendar.

It is important that all residents know they are always welcome to join and have a voice. The Board and Management are here to listen to what suggestions and concerns you may have.

Q: If I want to serve on a committee, how do I find out what committees are active and how I can get involved?

A: Please visit our Committees Page to see all of the different volunteer opportunities and an explanation of their roles. The contact email for each committee is provided. Send an email to the email provided and we will reach out to you to inform you of the current status of current committees organized and committee contact information.

Q: What is a Sub-Association and how do I know if I am in a Sub-Association?

A: Talega HOA is a Master Planned Community with single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, and apartments. Most Sub-Associations are not managed by GrandManors. Although, Sub-Associations do belong to the Talega Maintenance Corporation (TMC). Homeowner’s who live in a Sub-Association pay HOA dues to their Sub-Association and in addition to, the Master Association (TMC). There are 5 Sub-Associations. Please visit our Sub-Association page.


Q: What are the CC&Rs?

A: The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs) are the governing legal documents that describe the rights and obligations of the association and of each owner with respect to the property. The CC&Rs were recorded by the County recorder’s office of the County in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property. Failure to abide by the CC&Rs may result in an enforcement action to a homeowner by the Association. The governing legal documents for the association may be viewed online within the Owner/ Resident Portal. The CC&Rs for the association may be viewed online within the Homeowner Portal under “Governing Documents”.

Q: What are the Bylaws?

A: The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership’s voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business. The Bylaws for the association may be viewed online within the Owner/ Resident Portal under “Governing Documents”.

Q: Are there any other rules?

A: Most associations have developed Rules and Regulations as provided for in the CC&Rs and adopted by the Board of Directors. Rules are established to provide direction to the homeowners for common courtesies with regard to parking, vehicles, pets and pool use hours, etc. In addition, your Association will adopt Architectural Guidelines with procedures for submitting requests to make exterior changes to your home. Such changes may include patio covers, decks, landscaping, exterior color changes or extensive interior changes and additions. These rules and guidelines are set up to maintain the aesthetic value and integrity of the community on behalf of all owners, and hopefully protect the market value of your investment as well. Violations of these rules may result in action by the Board of Directors and a fine. In addition, if you proceed with an exterior improvement or change, without written approval of the Board of Directors, or Architectural Committee, as applicable, you will be required to remove or correct the alteration and/or be fined for the violation. For more information about this topic visit the Owner/ Resident Portal under “Governing Documents”.

Q: If I am having a problem with a neighbor for a violation of the Policies and Guidelines, what can I do?

A: If residents are unable to resolve a situation between themselves, then inquire with your Association. Should you have a situation that does not appear to be resolved through neighborly means, and you are willing to actively participate in the enforcement provided by the Rules, Regulations, and Policies, you may complete a Neighbor Complaint Form online. The violation form may be found within the Owner/ Resident Portal, under Violation Form. If the situation is deemed in violation of the Rules, Regulations, and Policies, Your continued assistance may be required.


Q: How do I get Access / Keys to the Talega Swim & Athletic Club?

A: There are different forms for homeowners, homeowners in a gated community, renters/tenants, or apartment renters. Please visit the facility information page to find the proper procedure for your situation.

You may receive the forms at the Talega Swim & Athletic Club located at 100 Calle Altea, anytime from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm or through the Owner/ Resident Portal. Unfortunately, apartment renters do not have access to the Owner/ Resident Portal. If you just moved to Talega, it will take 30 days after escrow for the paperwork to process and for the database to recognize your information when creating your account within the Owner/ Resident Portal.

Please call the Talega Swim & Athletic Club for any questions at (949) 361-8466.

Q: How do I get extra Gate Transponders?

A: Every household is given two free gate transponders. If you would like to have a third (or more) gate transponder, vehicle registration for all vehicles reflecting the Talega address are required. An extra transponder is $25.

Q: What is the Street Sweeping and Trash Schedule?

A: Please click below to see the schedule for Street Sweeping and Garbage Trucks.

Q: How do I Safelist a vehicle or retrieve my Patrol-One code?

A: TMC is allowing Safelisting by Homeowner’s Address for overnight visitor/guest parking. You must create a profile for your address at to receive a Safelist confirmation number for your visitor/guest. After you receive the Safelist confirmation number, the license plate will act as the permit to park overnight only for the dates selected,

If you did not retrieve your Patrol-One code, please contact Michelle Shields at or (949) 448-6241.

This information excludes sub-associations. If you live in a sub-association, please contact your property management company for their particular parking rules.

For more information on Parking Enforcement Rules, please click here.